Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri October 19, 2012
Jenkins Holds Big Money Advantage Over Schlingensiepen
The Republican incumbent candidate in Kansas' 2nd Congressional District continues to hold a big fundraising advantage over her Democratic challenger.
Republican Representative Lynn Jenkins has nearly $1.4 million cash on hand as of this week. Jenkins' report shows she took in about $82,000 from individuals and nearly $200,000 from political action committees.
By comparison, Topeka pastor Tobias Schlingensiepen reported having just over $50,000 in the bank. Schlingensiepen collected contributions from around 700 individuals. He has criticized Jenkins for accepting campaign donations from Washington PACs.