Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Mon October 22, 2007
Jazz Guitarist Steps Lightly
Charles Gatschet released his second album Step Lightly earlier this year. About half the album is made up of what Kansas City Star jazz critic Joe Klopus called "thought-provoking originals," including a bebop tune dedicated to Charlie Parker and a bossa nova for anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan.
By Lee Ingalls
Kansas City, MO – Charles Gatschet sat down recently with KCUR's jazz correspondent Lee Ingalls and talked about the inspiration for the album's title track, composed by tenor saxophonist Joe Henderson. He'll have a second CD-release party in Denver next month, but he also performs Friday and Saturday with the Loren Pickford Trio at the Golden Ox.