Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Wed July 31, 2013
Jackson County Exec. Talks Assessments, Courthouse
Breaking news update: Mike Sanders has announced he is stepping down as chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party.
Jackson County is really hopping these days. Between fluctuating property assessments and the courthouse renovation, the county’s missteps and triumphs are keeping people talking.
In the first part of Wednesday's Up to Date, we talk with Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders about what residents can expect, now that the property reassessment deadline has passed.
Mike Sanders is the Jackson County Executive. He received a B.A. degree in philosophy from the University of Missouri-Kansas City and a J.D. from The OSU School of Law. He served as a First Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. He has been a Jackson County prosecutor and is a member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, American Legion and an active member of the Mizzou Alumni Association.
Up to Date