Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Food and Drink
Fri January 14, 2011
Italian Gardens: A History of Kansas City Through its Favorite Restaurant.
For five decades DiCapo greeted visitors to the Italian Gardens restaurant in downtown Kansas City. During that time he saw the restaurant become a Kansas City favorite hosting countless local and national celebrities over the years.
By The Walt Bodine Show
Walt Bodine and Monroe Dodd welcomes Carl DiCapo and John David DiCapo to talk about Italian Gardens: A History of Kansas City Through its Favorite Restaurant.
For five decades DiCapo greeted visitors to the Italian Gardens. During that time he saw the restaurant become a Kansas City favorite.
Italian Gardens hosted countless local and national celebrities over the years, many of whom were members of the Sabenadica Club.
Derived from the restaurant's so-called Sabenadica Table, a place where lone travelers could sit together rather than occupy a table that could otherwise be used for a larger group, the club grew to over 2,000 members and consisted of local regulars as well as celebrities such as Yogi Berra, Rocky Marciano, "Cinderella Man" James Braddock, John Cameron Swayze, Basil Rathbone, Mayor H. Roe Bartle, and Lenny Dawson.