Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Fri September 11, 2009
An Interview With Tony Award Nominee Moises Kaufman
From a glance at the cast of characters who populate the Stephen Sondheim musical "Into the Woods" - among them, Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and Jack in the Beanstalk - one could assume that the show is a romp for audiences of all ages. But a deeper look reveals that its inspirations include Bruno Bettleheim and Carl Jung, both of whom defined classic fables and fairy tales with a much darker palette.
Kansas City, Mo. – Directing the Kansas City Repertory Theatre's production of "Into the Woods" is noted playwright and director, Moises Kaufman, who talked about the musical with KCUR's Steve Walker.
"Into the Woods"
UMKC's Spencer Theatre
September 11-October 11, 2009
Directed by Mois?s Kaufman
Music & Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Book by James Lapine
Funding for arts coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast