Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Tue August 29, 2006
An Interview with the Kansas City Symphony's Damon Gupton
original air date: August, 2006
This weekend, the Kansas City Symphony's new assistant conductor Damon Gupton makes his debut. A native of Detroit, Gupton has a background in both music and theatre.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Damon Gupton majored in music education at the University of Michigan, then earned a diploma at Juilliard in the Drama Division. And Gupton has a number of film, TV, and stage credits to his name, including the lead in the Kansas City Repertory Theatre's production of Carter's Way in 2005. KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Damon Gupton recently about his career path that began with listening to the soundtrack from the film Superman.