Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue August 29, 2006
An Interview with the Kansas City Symphony's Damon Gupton
original air date: August, 2006
This weekend, the Kansas City Symphony's new assistant conductor Damon Gupton makes his debut. A native of Detroit, Gupton has a background in both music and theatre.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Damon Gupton majored in music education at the University of Michigan, then earned a diploma at Juilliard in the Drama Division. And Gupton has a number of film, TV, and stage credits to his name, including the lead in the Kansas City Repertory Theatre's production of Carter's Way in 2005. KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Damon Gupton recently about his career path that began with listening to the soundtrack from the film Superman.