Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon May 22, 2006
Interpreters help clarify healthcare
By Kelley Weiss
Kansas City, MO – Every day in Kansas City immigrants get sick or hurt but often they face a barrier in getting health care. Many of them don't speak English. The federal government requires hospitals to provide interpreters. But the service is expensive and finding interpreters and paying their salaries can present a challenge for area hospitals. KCUR's Kelley Weiss reports.
- - - - -
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.