Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Tue July 15, 2008
Interim Chancellor Named For UMKC
University of Missouri System President Gary Forsee has named Leo Morton as interim chancellor of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Morten will replace Guy Bailey who left to become the president of Texas Tech University. Morten is currently the chairman for the UMKC Board of Trustees.
MU System President Gary Forsee says he wanted to pick an interim chancellor as soon as possible, and he chose Morten because of his knowledge of the university and its future goals. Forsee says, "I'm very fortunate that he is available to come take this task on, and I think we've got a great choice here.
Morten is not in the running to be a candidate for the permanent chancellorship. The university is hiring a professional search team and talking with members of the UMKC community to find someone to fill the position. Forsee says he hopes the process will take a few months.