Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed December 22, 2010
Inspectors Shut Down KC Funeral Service
Kansas City, MO – A Westport District funeral home has been shut down by Missouri state inspectors for multiple violations. The Missouri Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors today took the license of Marts Memorial Services.
Travis Ford speaks for the Board, saying-- "This funeral home had been on probation by its own agreement with the state board since 2009. Some of the violations at that time were failure to handle bodies properly in terms of their right refrigeration. And then some fairly serious paperwork violations, such as death certificates."
In one situation, inspectors say they found man was given the wrong ashes he believed to be of his wife. And someone at the funeral home lied when asked to explain.
The revocations means Marts Memorial Service on Westport Road has to discontinue operation December 31st.