Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed April 11, 2012
Inside The New Mormon Temple
On this Wednesday's Central Standard, learn what the erection of the new Mormon temple means for area Mormons, and join us for a virtual tour.
We'll go inside and learn about the baptismal font, to the changing rooms, and to the sealing room with our guide Jeremiah Morgan, President of the Liberty Stake of the Church of Latter Day Saints.
In the 1830s, the Mormon church prophet Joseph Smith Jr. was imprisoned here in Missouri, and members of the church were driven out by order of the local government. Today, a new temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints stands not too far from where that all happened, in the land Smith called Zion.
TEMPLE OPEN HOUSE:
If you are not a member of the Mormon church, your only chance to see the new Mormon Temple at 7001 Searcy Creek Parkway will be during an open house April 7-28th. The temple will be open daily, except on Sundays. Open house tickets are available via the Church's online reservation system or by calling the reservation call center at 1-866-537-8457 or 801-570-0080; calling center hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. MT.