Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Sun June 10, 2007
Immigrant Smokers Compete at Rhythm and Ribs
KCUR's Alex Smith visited the home of Llewellyn Thompson, who's a member of a team called the Immigrant Smokers. They're competing in this week's Rhythm and Ribs Festival.
By Alex Smith
Independence, MO – Kansas City has famous barbeque joints, and famous barbeque contests. There's a new contest on the block that's still trying to drum up interest among amateur grillers and smokers. Next weekend (June 16, 2007) will be third year of the Rhythm and Ribs Festival in the 18th and Vine District. Dozens of local and national acts are scheduled to perform on two stages - that's including guitarists Pat Metheny and George Benson.