Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Fri October 3, 2008
H&R Block, Inc. Recognized for Arts Support
Kansas City-based H&R Block, Inc. has been recognized as one of the 10 best companies in 2008 supporting the arts in America.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Kansas City-based H&R Block has been recognized as one of the 10 best companies in 2008 supporting the arts in America. KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
The Business Committee for the Arts, or BCA, was founded in 1967 by David Rockefeller as a way to bring business and the arts together. BCA's top 10 list for this year's companies showing significant support for the arts included H&R Block, Inc.
H&R Block, Inc. and the H&R Block Foundation contributed more than 12 million dollars over the last 10 years to the arts. H&R Block also has more than 400 pieces of art by local and regional artists on display at its headquarters downtown and collaborated with the Kansas City Repertory Theatre on the 320 seat Copaken Stage that's shared by both organizations.
The Business Committee for the Arts initiated the BCA TEN list in 2005.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast