Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Tue January 21, 2014
How Women Make Their Mark In Male-Dominated Worlds
The business world is infamous for its “glass ceiling.” And it’s true that being a woman in a man’s world can make it more difficult to succeed.
In the second part of Tuesday's Up to Date, we talk with the president the Kansas City Sports Commission and the publisher of The Kansas City Star — both women — about how they reached the top and what advice they have for other women.
- Kathy Nelson, president and CEO of the Kansas City Sports Commission
- Mi-Ai Parrish, publisher of The Kansas City Star