Most Active Stories
Fri September 6, 2013
How Kansas And Missouri's Members Of Congress Plan To Vote On Syria
Members of Congress will soon be asked to decide whether to support President Barack Obama's request for authorization to attack the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad. Assad's regime allegedly used chemical weapons on civilians and rebels in an attack last month. Here is a round-up of what we know so far from congress members in Kansas and Missouri.
Kansas Congressional Delegation:
- Republican Sen. Jerry Moran: No
- Republican Sen. Pat Roberts: No
- Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp, 1st District (Western Kansas): No
- Republican Rep. Lynn Jenkins 2nd District (Topeka, Lawrence): No
- Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder, 3rd District (Johnson and Wyandotte Counties): No
- Republican Rep. Mike Pompeo, 4th District (Wichita): Yes
Missouri Congressional Delegation:
- Democratic Sen. Claire Mccaskill: Undecided
- Republican Sen. Roy Blunt: No
- Democratic Rep. William Lacy Clay, 1st District (St. Louis): Undecided
- Republican Rep. Ann Wagner, 2nd District: sees "no clear or achievable... objectives."
- Republican Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer, 3rd District (Surrounding St. Louis): will "likely oppose the president's proposal."
- Republican Rep.Vicky Hartzler, 4th District (West-central Missouri): Undecided
- Democratic Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, 5th District (Kansas City-Jackson County): Undecided
- Republican Rep. Sam Graves, 6th District (Northern Missouri, including St. Joesph): Undecided
- Republican Rep. Billy Long, 7th District: remains "skeptical of involving our country in another country's civil war."
- Republican Rep. Jason Smith, 8th District: has "serious concerns."
Up to Date