Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon October 21, 2013
How Did The Chicken Cross The Road? In Style
Originally published on Tue October 22, 2013 2:37 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
We all know why the chicken crossed the road. A new product wants to make sure they get to the other side safely. As chickens become more popular as pets, British company Omlet is selling high-visibility chicken jackets; tiny fluorescent safety vets when they're out on the street. The jackets also protect the birds against rain and cold. But the website warns that owner should be sure to remove them before bedtime. They are not suitable as pajamas.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.