Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu May 27, 2010
Homicide Probe In KC Country Club District
Kansas City, Mo. – Kansas City police waited for a search warrant today before examining the interior of a house in the upscale Country Club District where the homeowner was found dead this morning. Police identify him as 49 year old Michael J. Tutera. Investigators did not say by what means he was killed, except to say it is a homicide.
Police asked anyone with information to call the Crimestoppers' Hotline at 816-474-TIPS. A police spokesman said detectives were following up on what were termed, "good leads."
The victim was a member of a family owned business known as the Tutera Group. It dealt in real estate, banking and nursing homes. Michael Tutera filed suit against some family members last year over ownership shares in Central Bank of Kansas City.
The homicide scene is in a gated community on the southern edge of the Country Club Plaza, in the 5300 block of Sunset Place.