Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon January 11, 2010
Homeless Services Reach Out To Most Vulnerable In The Cold
Kansas City, Mo. – Between 3000 and 4000 people seek homeless services each day in Kansas City, and 450 of those stay at a facility run by reStart, an interfaith ministry to the homeless. Eve Craig is the Executive Director of reStart. She says that these past couple of weeks have been about as tough as it gets for the area's homeless service providers. She told KC Currents' Alex Smith that the holidays are traditionally a time when these agencies expand their services, but that the severe cold has pushed them to work even harder.