Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed January 27, 2010
Holly Swangstu's "Springtime in Winter"
A new site-based installation at the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art called "Springtime in Winter" envelops visitors in a color-saturated landscape. The large work stretches 20 feet along each of the three walls, and it's nearly 11 feet tall.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Although artist Holly Swangstu considers the work a painting, it's created out of thin strips of hand-dyed fabric.
"Springtime in Winter: An Installation by Holly Swangstu"
January 16 - April 3, 2010
Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
2818 Frederick Avenue
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast