Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Central Standard Friday
Sat January 19, 2013
Historic Building Preservation In Kansas City
Change is inevitable. But what if that change affects a community-loved building, or historic landmark?
On Central Standard Friday, Monroe Dodd will examine what happens when a structure we feel emotionally connected to, comes up for demolition. Joining him will be Erik Heitman, Project Architect at BNIM and chair of Kansas City's Historic Preservation Commission, Amanda Crawley, Executive Director of the Historic Kansas City Foundation, and Brad Wolf, of Kansas City's Historic Preservation Office.