Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri January 22, 2010
"The Helmet Project" Reveals Intimate Details about War
Artist Cindy Kane asked journalists who'd covered conflicts to share personal items about their war experiences. For Kane, press badges, band aids, ticket stubs, ear plugs, and smudged notes all connect the battlefield to the headlines.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – KCUR's Laura Spencer reports on Kane's installation called The Helmet Project at Sherry Leedy Contemporary Art.
Cindy Kane The Helmet Project
January 8 - February 27, 2010
Sherry Leedy Contemporary Art
2004 Baltimore Avenue
Kansas City, MO
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast