Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Hearts of Darkness
Tue July 6, 2010
Hearts of Darkness Brings Afrobeat to KC
James Brown meets Fela Kuti meets Benny Moten meets The Supremes. That's one description for the hybrid style of a hot new Kansas City big band known as Hearts of Darkness.
By Laura Ziegler
Kansas City, MO – You may have come across the 18-piece dance band at Mardi Gras festivals in the Crossroads and at the Mutual Musicians Foundation. Or at the recent Kansas City, Kansas Street fair.
Hearts of Darkness has been packing dance venues everywhere it goes. And it was nominated by The Pitch Weekly as Best Live Act last year. KCUR's Laura Ziegler takes us inside one of Kansas City's newer musical happenings.
Hearts of Darkness will be releasing its debut album on July 10, 2010 at Crosstown Station.