Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue October 2, 2007
Harriman-Jewell Series Founder Celebrates Milestone
Note: This is an extended version. When more than 200 guests gathered in September for a party celebrating Richard Harriman's 75th birthday, conversation at the event focused as much on the performing arts series Harriman founded in 1965, now called the Harriman-Jewell Series.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Through the years, Richard Harriman has been credited with his ability to identify prominent or promising performers...from Yo Yo Ma to Pavarotti...and bring them to Kansas City. KCUR's Laura Spencer talked recently to Artistic Director Richard Harriman, and Executive Director Clark Morris...about the history of the Harriman-Jewell Series and some memorable moments.