Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- Kansas Seeks To Address Prison Guard ‘Correctional Fatigue’
- When It Comes To Kansas City's State Line, It's Complicated
Mon June 20, 2011
Handling Snakes and Rescuing Unusual Pets
The long days of summer are here, and at least some kids are splashing in creeks, looking for frogs and snakes. But how many will turn that curiosity about animals into a career?
For KC Currents' Odd Jobs segment, Sylvia Maria Gross recently visited Greenwood, Missouri, where a local daredevil took his childhood love of creepy, crawly things and turned it into a business.