Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon December 12, 2011
Haley Out, Effective Immediately
The 37-10 blowout loss on Sunday to the New York Jets sealed Todd Haley's fate with the Kansas City Chiefs. Late Monday morning, they announced that Haley was out.
The final straw was the loss to the Jets. It was another one-sided loss, the fifth by more than 25 points. In a written statement, Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said the team has "not made meaningful progress" and the organization felt it was "necessary to make a change."
Haley was in the midst of his third season with the Chiefs. They're 5 and 8 with three games to go.
The Chiefs also announced on Monday that defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel will be interim head coach as the search begins for a replacement for Haley.
Kansas City Chiefs