Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue November 5, 2013
Groups Organize Counter-Protest In Response To Neo-Nazi Rally
The National Socialist Movement has scheduled a rally November 9 in Kansas City at the Jackson County Courthouse. The group calls itself a white civil rights organization, whereas watchdog organizations uniformly call it a hate group that is racist, anti-Semitic and dangerous.
Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center says that extremist groups have been growing since the start of the recession in 2008. He claims that in 2008 there were 149 extremist groups, whereas as currently there are over 1000.
Our guest, Leonard Zeskind, is holding a counter-protest the same day at 3 p.m. in front of the Liberty Memorial.
- Mark Potok, Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Al.
- Leonard Zeskind, Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights, author of Blood and Politics: The History of White Nationalism from the Margins to the Mainstream
Up to Date