Most Active Stories
- World Series Is Like A 'Three Hour Commercial' For Kansas City
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- Voter Guide To Missouri Amendment 3 On Teacher Tenure
- World Series National Anthem Update: Game 6, Kansas City Symphony; Game 7, Joyce DiDonato
- Voter Guide To Missouri Amendment 10 On Gubernatorial Power
Fri November 13, 2009
Groundbreaking on New Home for the Kansas City Ballet
Friday, November 13, 2009 marked the remodeling equivalent of a ground-breaking for a new home for the Kansas City Ballet.
By Steve Bell
Kansas City, MO – Friday, November 13, 2009 marked the remodeling equivalent of a ground-breaking for a new home for the Kansas City Ballet.
The building known as the Power House, west of Union Station will be transformed into the Todd Bolender Center for Dance and Creativity, a 60,000 square-foot facility for rehearsing, costuming and other aspects of the ballet's operation.
All but about a million of the $40 million in refurbishing costs has already been raised.
Check here to view a virtual tour of the Kansas City Ballet's new home.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast