Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu December 19, 2013
As Greeting Card Sales Decline, What Is The Future Of Hallmark?
For a number of years the greeting card industry has seen a drop in revenue. Hallmark, including its subsidiaries, had sales of $4.4 billion in 2007, but as of 2012 their revenue had fallen to $4 billion.
On KCUR's news program KC Currents, we took a look at some of the inventive ways Hallmark is trying to shore up it's declining greeting card sales and we discussed the impact Hallmark continues to have on Kansas City.
- Carl Franzen, Sorry For Your Loss: Hallmark Struggles to Update Its Card Empire, news editor, TheVerge.com
- Steve Mayse, professor and chair of illustration, Kansas City Art Institute