Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Mon May 10, 2010
Grafitti Painter Becomes Hospital Muralist
Scribe is now the full time mural artist at Children's Mercy Hospital - he told KCUR's Susan B. Wilson about his artistic journey.
By Susan B. Wilson
Kansas City, MO – If you have ever taken a child to Children's Mercy Hospital, you can't miss the colorful murals in waiting and exam rooms. The artist who creates the vivid and whimsical animal characters, landscapes and seascapes in vibrant colors is Donald Ross.
Ross also goes by Scribe, a name from his roots as a graffiti artist. You may have also seen his work in Westport, the Crossroads, or even as part of the design of some new city buses. His paintings have been exhibited both nationally and internationally.
Scribe is now the full time mural artist at Children's Mercy Hospital. He told KCUR's Susan B. Wilson about his artistic journey.