Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon May 23, 2011
Gov. Nixon Visits Joplin, Orders More Survivor Searches
JOPLIN, Mo. – The fatality count in Joplin Missouri is up to 116, and as KCUR's Dan Verbeck reports, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon is ordering a second search for survivors.
Outside the shambles of the now closed regional hospital, Governor Jay Nixon just finished speaking with reporters in the midst of a blinding lightning and thunderstorm and an eye-watering mix of spilled gasoline from scores of cars tumbled about in the parking lot.
The governor says he wants all the buildings checked that have already been checked, he wants them checked again overnight and into tomorrow, to make sure there is no one trapped and left alive."