Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon September 1, 2008
GOP Convention Schedule In Flux
The schedule has been cut to the basics at the GOP National Convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul, awaiting more word from the gulf on how much destruction a weaker-than-expected Hurricane Gustav delivered.
Despite the sparsity of events, there has been plenty of conversation about John McCain's surprise choice of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate.
Delegate Kelly Arnold says he and his fellow Kansas delegates are very pleased.
Arnold says he "loves the vice presidential pick. Definitely out of the box. She's going to do a fabulous job. I like her credentials. I love what she's done with the state of Alaska since she's been governor. I think she, obviously, will bring a lot of women to the table. I think it's great for America to have a woman on the ticket."
How disrupted the convention will be and how much President Bush and Vice President Cheney will be able to participate is still undetermined. Officials in Louisiana say at least one levee is still threatened and it will probably be tomorrow morning at the earliest before accurate damage reports can be compiled.