Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed July 25, 2012
Google Fiber: The Big Reveal On Thursday
Google Fiber is scheduled to make a "special announcement" on Thursday, July 26, at 11 am CDT.
Google Inc.'s ultra-fast broadband network, Google Fiber, will serve Kansas City, Kan. and Kansas City, Mo. It's expected that details about the network's reach, video services, and more information will be revealed during Thursday's press conference, which will be streamed live on YouTube.
The Kansas City Business Journal reports that Google Fiber has set up shop for Thursday's announcement at 1820 Westport Road near State Line, which borders Kansas and Missouri. According to the story, it's unclear if it's a temporary or permanent location:
A Google spokeswoman declined to say whether the location would serve as Google Fiber’s local headquarters or if the site merely was an announcement locale.
Chances are the location will have some longevity.
The building - and one nearby on the same corner - has been undergoing a high-end refurbish this month, according to a source close to the project.
Up to Date
Splicing Into Google Fiber