Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon November 23, 2009
"Going Rogue" as Political Theater
Last week, a local theater director gathered together a bunch of actors to do a satirical reading of former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin's new book, "Going Rogue."
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO –
Thousands of Sarah Palin's supporters have been turning up for book signings around the country. The closest she gets to Kansas City will be Springfield, Missouri on December 2, 2009. But even some of Palin's opponents are kind of curious to hear what's in the book.
That's why producer and director Lisa Cordes decided to organize a dramatic reading of the book. She imagined it as part Greek tragi-comedy, and part drinking game.
More than 50 people gathered at Fishtank Performance Studio in the Crossroads for the marathon reading, which lasted more than six hours.