Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon February 24, 2014
Going To Kansas City: 6 Songs That Celebrate The City As A Destination
We want to know what brought you to Kansas City, and what made you stay. Was it the relatively low cost of living? The arts scene? Was it the recession-proof economy? Or perhaps the barbeque?
To collect these stories, KCUR is launching a new series called, Going To Kansas City.
To kick off the series, I explore the idea of Kansas City as a “destination in song” with music historian Chuck Haddix. In the coming weeks we will profile Kansas Citians and share their stories about why they came here, and what made them stay.
Below you can listen to an evolution of songs celebrating Kansas City as a destination:
Do you have an interesting or unique story about coming to Kansas City? Let us know! Email goingtoKC@kcur.org.