Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Sun June 9, 2013
'Gilded Summer' Hits The Runway
The 13th Annual West 18th Street Fashion Show started at dusk on June 8, and drew a crowd of onlookers both on the street and from the windows above.
Camera phones flashed as models, wearing the creations of eighteen designers, pranced on a lighted runway in the canyon between buildings lining 18th Street. Behind-the-scenes, designers made last-minute adjustments and models primped as they prepared to mount the runway.
In the spirit of the show's theme, "Gilded Summer," the clothing and accessories were appropriately glittery.