Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed April 21, 2010
Giant Expansion Of KU Edwards Campus
Overland Park, KS – University of Kansas is expanding its Overland Park Edwards Campus by more than half, with a 75,000-square-foot building for science and technology, business and engineering.
The education triangle sales tax passed two years ago is financing the $25 million project on the Quivira Road campus. It will include a four thousand square foot conference center, and K.U. officials say the thrust is toward increasing undergraduate and graduate programs in the sciences, technology, engineering and business . It will have five lecture halls, ten classrooms and five computer labs.
Construction is expected to begin this Spring with ceremonial ground breaking today. Chair of the campus advisory committee Dick Bond says the expansion is latest step toward making Kansas a nationally recognized research hub.