Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed April 21, 2010
Giant Expansion Of KU Edwards Campus
Overland Park, KS – University of Kansas is expanding its Overland Park Edwards Campus by more than half, with a 75,000-square-foot building for science and technology, business and engineering.
The education triangle sales tax passed two years ago is financing the $25 million project on the Quivira Road campus. It will include a four thousand square foot conference center, and K.U. officials say the thrust is toward increasing undergraduate and graduate programs in the sciences, technology, engineering and business . It will have five lecture halls, ten classrooms and five computer labs.
Construction is expected to begin this Spring with ceremonial ground breaking today. Chair of the campus advisory committee Dick Bond says the expansion is latest step toward making Kansas a nationally recognized research hub.