Most Active Stories
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- KU Hospital: Patient Admitted Monday At 'Low To Moderate Risk' Of Ebola
- How One Royals Fan Is Sprinkling A Little Magic On Kauffman Stadium
Up to Date
Mon April 15, 2013
Getting The Particle-ulars Of The Higgs-Boson
The Higgs-Boson is said to be the key to understanding why mass exists and how atoms are possible. Some call it "The God Particle."
Cal-Tech physicist Sean Carroll joins us on Monday's Up to Date to talk about the search for the particle at the CERN Large Hadron Collider and what it means for us.
Cal-Tech physicist Sean Carroll works on violations of fundamental symmetries, the physics of dark energy, modifications of general relativity, and the arrow of time. Recently I’ve been focusing on issues at the foundations of cosmology, statistical mechanics, quantum mechanics and complexity. He is the author of Spacetime and Geometry, From Eternity to Here and The Particle at the End of the Universe. He blogs at www.preposterousuniverse.com