Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Mon April 15, 2013
Getting The Particle-ulars Of The Higgs-Boson
The Higgs-Boson is said to be the key to understanding why mass exists and how atoms are possible. Some call it "The God Particle."
Cal-Tech physicist Sean Carroll joins us on Monday's Up to Date to talk about the search for the particle at the CERN Large Hadron Collider and what it means for us.
Cal-Tech physicist Sean Carroll works on violations of fundamental symmetries, the physics of dark energy, modifications of general relativity, and the arrow of time. Recently I’ve been focusing on issues at the foundations of cosmology, statistical mechanics, quantum mechanics and complexity. He is the author of Spacetime and Geometry, From Eternity to Here and The Particle at the End of the Universe. He blogs at www.preposterousuniverse.com