Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat November 30, 2013
Fresh Air Weekend: Anjelica Huston, 'Nebraska' And Turkey Tips
Originally published on Sat November 30, 2013 11:44 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Anjelica Huston Tells Her 'Story' Of Growing Up With A Director Dad: The actor's new memoir, A Story Lately Told, ends just as her Hollywood career is taking off. It covers her early life growing up in Ireland, the daughter of Maltese Falcon director John Huston. The two first collaborated on 1969's Walk With Love And Death, a project that proved disastrous for their relationship.
Across 'Nebraska,' On A Journey That Goes Beyond The Trip: Critic David Edelstein calls the film, in which an elderly man sets out to claim a million-dollar sweepstakes prize, a "superb balancing act" from director Alexander Payne.
Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen': Jack Bishop and Bridget Lancaster of the public TV series share tips for buying, seasoning and cooking a turkey (hint: bigger isn't necessarily better, keep lots of salt around, and give the bird a break before carving). They also give advice on how to make some of their favorite side dishes.
You can listen to the original interviews here:
- Anjelica Huston Tells Her 'Story' Of Growing Up With A Director Dad
- Across 'Nebraska,' On A Journey That Goes Beyond The Trip
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'