Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 27, 2009
Former Royals Players And Coach Honored at Cooperstown
Kansas City, MO – It was baseball's Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown, New York, and three were inducted for their playing careers. Among the three, one of them wore a Kansas City Royals uniform, though it was in a different role. KCUR's Greg Echlin explains.
The two who were present and honored for their playing careers were former outfielders Rickey Henderson and Jim Rice. The newest member of the Hall of Fame, who is deceased, is Joe Gordon who was also the first manager of the Kansas City Royals forty years ago.