Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Around the Nation
Thu April 25, 2013
Forget Maple Syrup. Put Some Beer In The Mail
Originally published on Fri April 26, 2013 1:46 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with news of a changing retail environment.
We've told you of a plan to let states collect sales tax from online retailers. Now we're on the way to an online bar. Vermont lawmakers are considering a bill to let brewers ship their beer directly to consumers. This proposal faces the concern that underage drinkers might order beer but wineries already do this. If the measure should pass, you could order a six-pack or maybe a keg by UPS.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.