Most Active Stories
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Central Standard Friday
Fri May 31, 2013
Food Critics: What Are The Best Burgers In Kansas City?
It's springtime. The time when a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of grilling, barbecuing, and eating delicious, fat, juicy hamburgers.
From the big honkin' beef burger with the works to the basic meat + bread and even to the veggie burger, there are lots of options for Kansas Citians.
But how do you decide which ones are the best?
Luckily, we've got food critics Charles Ferruzza, Mary Bloch, Gloria Gale, and Emily Farris as well as the Central Standard listeners to help narrow it down for us.
Here are some of the burger places mentioned during the show:
- The Burg and Barrel - 7042 W 76th St, Overland Park, KS 66204
- The Broadway Butcher Shop - 3828 Broadway St, Kansas City, MO 64111
- Genessee Royale - 1531 Genessee St, Kansas City, MO 64102
- The Good You – Roaming Food Truck
- Pigwich - Food Truck connected with The Local Pig - 2618 Guinotte Ave, Kansas City, MO 64120
- Westport Flea Market - 817 Westport Rd, Kansas City, MO 64111
- The Jacobson - 2050 Central St, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Blanc Burgers + Bottles - 4710 Jefferson St, Kansas City, MO 64112
- Julian - 6227 Brookside Plaza, Kansas City, MO 64113
- Humdinger Drive-In - 2504 E 9th St, Kansas City, MO 64124
- Anton’s Taproom - 1610 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Town Topic on Broadway - 2121 Broadway St, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Torreador Mexican - 926 Floyd St, Overland Park, KS 66204
- Room 39 - 1719 W 39th St, Kansas City, MO 64111
- KC Smoke Burgers - 1610 W 39th St, Kansas City, MO 64111
- Back Yard Burgers – Multiple Locations
- Kitty’s - 810 1/2 E 31st St, Kansas City, MO 64109
- Fric & Frac - 1700 W 39th St, Kansas City, MO 64111
- Walsh’s Corner Cocktails - 304 W 85th St, Kansas City, MO 64114
- A Streetcar Named Desire - 2450 Grand Avenue, Suite 113, Kansas City, MO
- Hiway House - 4071 N Prather Rd, Kansas City, MO 64116
- Hayes Hamburger & Chili - 2502 NE Vivion Rd, Kansas City, MO 64118
- LC’s Hamburgers Etc - 7612 NW Prairie View Rd, Kansas City, MO 64151
- Blue Moose Bar and Grill - 4160 W 71st St, Prairie Village, KS 66208
- Max’s Burger & Gyros - 8240 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO 64114
Listeners also suggested these restaurants via Facebook and e-mail:
- The Green Room - 4010 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite D, Westport, MO 64111
- The Westside Local - 1663 Summit St, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Grandstand Burgers - 4942 Merriam Dr, Shawnee, Kansas 66203
- BRGR Kitchen + Bar - 4038 W 83rd St, Prairie Village, KS 66208
- Bobo's Drive-In - 2300 SW 10th Ave, Topeka, KS 66604
And here are some of the new restaurants talked about at the beginning of the show:
- Standees - 3935 West 69th Terrace Prairie Village, KS 66208
- Orange Box - 2700 Jarboe St., Kansas City, Missouri 64108
- Voltaire – 1617 Genessee St, Kansas City, MO 64102
- Peanches - 900 W 39th St, Kansas City, MO 64111
- Final Cut Steakhouse - 777 Hollywood Casino Blvd, Kansas City, KS
- The Oak Room at The InterContinental - 401 Ward Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64112
- Remedy - 500 W 75th St, Kansas City, MO 64114
- Collection - 1532 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, Missouri 64108
Food & Drink