Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue December 4, 2012
Every year, approximately 36,000 people die from influenza. This flu season is the worst in the last decade and yet the flu vaccine is readily available.
On Wednesday's Central Standard, we'll be joined by Dr. Thad Wilson, PhD, RN, FAAN, who will explain the history of the flu vaccine, its importance and why people are reluctant to get the vaccine when not doing so can put themselves and others at risk.
- This American Life segment about an outbreak of measles in San Diego