Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Finalists Selected, Design Process Starts For UMKC's Proposed Downtown Arts Campus
Up To Date
Wed July 16, 2014
A Fistful Of Spaghetti Westerns
A half century ago, nobody expected much of Sergio Leone’s 1964 Italian Western A Fistful of Dollars – not even its young American star, Clint Eastwood. On Wednesday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske explores how this film's fiery success ignited the popularity of an entire genre known as "spaghetti westerns".
- Bill Shaffer is the director of KTWU, the public television station in Topeka, Kansas.
- Mitch Brian is a screenwriter, film professor at UMKC, and writer for 435 Magazine.
HEAR MORE: Bill Shaffer talks about the impact of spaghetti westerns qt 6:30 July 17 at the Plaza Branch of the Kansas City Public Library.
Up To Date