Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon September 10, 2012
Financial Advice: Senior Scams
Please excuse the technical difficulties during this program.
Americans 65 and older are a top target for scammers. Right now, Kansas City investigators are reportedly looking into a $350,000 sting, and the number of reports are going up.
On this Monday's Central Standard, our CASH MONEY CLIQUE is back to talk about protecting seniors from becoming victims of money scams.
We'll discuss ways to create a prevention plan, local scams to watch out for and stories of financial abuse.
Joining us will be members of the Financial Planning Association of Greater KC, including David Jackson, Waddell and Reed, Sandi Weaver, Financial Security Advisors and Alex Petrovic of Petrovic Financial Services. We'll also hear from Donald Bradley of the Kansas City Star.
WAYS TO CHECK THE BACKGROUND OF A FINANCIAL PLANNER OR ADVISOR:
1-800-732-0330 (Federal SEC)