Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Mon September 10, 2012
Financial Advice: Senior Scams
Please excuse the technical difficulties during this program.
Americans 65 and older are a top target for scammers. Right now, Kansas City investigators are reportedly looking into a $350,000 sting, and the number of reports are going up.
On this Monday's Central Standard, our CASH MONEY CLIQUE is back to talk about protecting seniors from becoming victims of money scams.
We'll discuss ways to create a prevention plan, local scams to watch out for and stories of financial abuse.
Joining us will be members of the Financial Planning Association of Greater KC, including David Jackson, Waddell and Reed, Sandi Weaver, Financial Security Advisors and Alex Petrovic of Petrovic Financial Services. We'll also hear from Donald Bradley of the Kansas City Star.
WAYS TO CHECK THE BACKGROUND OF A FINANCIAL PLANNER OR ADVISOR:
1-800-732-0330 (Federal SEC)