Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue February 8, 2011
Fees Drop on College Savings Program
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Missouri Treasurer Clint Zweifel visited Missouri campuses yesterday touting a large reduction in administrative fees for the state's college savings program... known as MOST.
At his stop at UMKC, Zweifel rattled off the big numbers, percentage points and statistics, emphasizing that the fees would be reduced by 44 percent. But he called for staff help when asked how much that would benefit an individual saver.
They concluded that the individual saver will see fees reduced by $25 for every $10,000 saved.
Zweiful was focused on the big picture - $18.5 million in savings spread among 113,00 savers - plus a half-million-dollar assistance package... the details of which will be announced at a future Zweifel news conference.