Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue June 26, 2012
Family Fun And Health Fair At Troost Lake
For the first half of today’s program, we discussed the needs of children and families in the Philippines. For the second half of this Tuesday's Central Standard, we turn to our own backyard: Troost Lake, at 29th and Paseo.
Our guest Jason Wood is the Vice President of Community Engagement for the United Way of Greater Kansas City, who will explain how the needs of neighbors are being addressed by a new Urban Neighborhood Initiative.
The Health Fair and Family Fun Night will be open to the public from 4 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, June 27 at Troost Lake near 29th Street and The Paseo. The free event will feature complimentary food, activities for children, free Kansas City Royals tickets for every family and important health and safety information from surrounding medical centers and nonprofit organizations.