Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Up to Date
Mon June 3, 2013
ExxonMobil: From PR Disaster To Global Player
The images of oil-coated animals on the beach after the Exxon Valdez oil spill rallied environmentalists, but the company has made quite the recovery since then.
On Tuesday's Up to Date, we examine how the corporate giant recovered to become a central player on the world stage. Pulitzer Prize winner Steve Coll will discuss his new book Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power.
Steve Coll is a senior fellow with the National Security Studies Program. He is a staff writer for The New Yorker. He previously spent 20 years as a foreign correspondent and senior editor at The Washington Post. He is the recipient of two Pulitzer Prizes for his series with David A. Wise about the SEC and his book Ghost Wars.