Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed November 20, 2013
Explaining Kansas City's LGBT Equality Scores
The Human Rights Campaign recently released it’s second Municipal Equality Index. It rates 291 cities across the United States in terms of laws, policies, and services that positively impact the LGBT community. Perhaps the most striking things about the report was that Kansas City, Mo., scored 100 out of 100, while Kansas City, Kan., scored zero.
Host Brian Ellison discusses the report and what makes two cities with the same name so different in terms of LGBT acceptance.
- Sara Warbelow, State Legislative Director for the Human Rights Campaign