Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed November 20, 2013
Explaining Kansas City's LGBT Equality Scores
The Human Rights Campaign recently released it’s second Municipal Equality Index. It rates 291 cities across the United States in terms of laws, policies, and services that positively impact the LGBT community. Perhaps the most striking things about the report was that Kansas City, Mo., scored 100 out of 100, while Kansas City, Kan., scored zero.
Host Brian Ellison discusses the report and what makes two cities with the same name so different in terms of LGBT acceptance.
- Sara Warbelow, State Legislative Director for the Human Rights Campaign