Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- How The Kansas-Missouri State Line Became A Road
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
Up To Date
Thu August 23, 2012
Ethics And Politics: Can We Have Both?
Mention "ethics" and "politics" in the same statement and wait for the eye-rolls and derisive snorts to start.
With the Supreme Court ruling in the Citizens United case, spending by super political action committees is at an all-time high while their negative ads may well have reached all-time lows.
Today the Ethics Professors take on the thorny topic of ethics and politics. Just because the Supreme Court allows PACs to spend millions to influence voters, does that make it right? Are political ads that infer something negative or untrue about a candidate ethical? Are voters obligated to go beyond the advertising to learn more about candidates and issues? Listen to learn where the Profs come down on these and other questions of ethics and politics.