Most Active Stories
- Chinese Market Could Help Rid Rivers Of Invasive Asian Carp
- Food Critics: Kansas City's Best Lunch Spots
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
- Precariousness For Pollinators: Monarch Butterflies & Honeybees In Decline
Up To Date
Thu August 23, 2012
Ethics And Politics: Can We Have Both?
Mention "ethics" and "politics" in the same statement and wait for the eye-rolls and derisive snorts to start.
With the Supreme Court ruling in the Citizens United case, spending by super political action committees is at an all-time high while their negative ads may well have reached all-time lows.
Today the Ethics Professors take on the thorny topic of ethics and politics. Just because the Supreme Court allows PACs to spend millions to influence voters, does that make it right? Are political ads that infer something negative or untrue about a candidate ethical? Are voters obligated to go beyond the advertising to learn more about candidates and issues? Listen to learn where the Profs come down on these and other questions of ethics and politics.