Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu December 13, 2012
Error Of The Year: CNN And Fox News Share The Dishonor
We didn't make the list, and boy are we glad.
CNN and Fox News share the shame of the Poynter Institute's "error of the year" for mistakenly telling their audiences that the Supreme Court had struck down Obamacare.
In truth, the court had done the opposite.
Poynter dings both news outlets for being too quick to report. But it gives Fox an extra ding for not apologizing, as CNN did.
There's much more in Poynter's roundup, including some of the year's best corrections. Note: Some of the funniest involve some rather "adult" mistakes made by news outlets this year — for instance, The Charlotte Observer's unfortunate typo in a report about basketball player Amare Stoudemire's "herniated disk." We'll let your imaginations work on that one.