Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu April 3, 2014
Energy Standards In Kansas
The Kansas Senate voted to repeal a state mandate that required utility companies to get 20 percent of their energy from renewable sources by 2020. However, the House refused to repeal House Bill 2014 less than 24 hours later.
On today's Central Standard, host Gina Kaufmann discusses the politics of wind energy and the environmental impact it has in Kansas.
- Andy Marso, reporter for Topeka Capital-Journal
- Nate Brunsell, meteorologist in the department of geography at the University of Kansas
- Scott Brown, farmer, real estate broker and auctioneer in Mullinville, Kan.